Who is responsible for the data processing?
Eyes of the world Foundation is responsible for all data processing, with tax identification code G62627450 and registered office located at Tamarit, 144-146, entlo. 2a, 08015 Barcelona.
Who is the data protection delegate?
The data protection delegate is the person appointed by the Eyes of the world Foundation to protect personal data. You can always contact the delegate by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 902877192.
How have we obtained your personal data?
We have obtained your personal data as a result of previous relationships you have had with Eyes of the world Foundation, by the relationships you currently maintain with the entity, or by your status as a member, partner, or volunteer, for having been a donor, for having participated in any of our campaigns, or because you have requested that we send you promotional information about our activities, campaigns and initiatives.
What personal data do we handle?
Depending on the type of relationship you have with Eyes of the world, we may handle any or all of the following personal data:
- Identification number
- Preferred language
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Donations/purchases made
Furthermore, if you voluntarily provide the information, we may have the following personal data:
- Area/subject of study
- Number of children
Likewise, we inform you that we will handle any personal data, if voluntarily supplied, throughout future relations or interactions with Eyes of the world, including data that is shared with us through social media or an application. The sharing of this personal data depends on your privacy settings within each social media platform or application, your use of the social media platform or specific application, and the privacy policies associated with each individual platform or application. Thus, we recommend that you read closely the privacy policies of each social media platform or application before sharing any personal data through them.
What do we use your personal data for?
In order to comply with our mission of fighting against avoidable blindness in vulnerable areas of the world, we use the personal data of our partners, donors, volunteers, and contacts for the following purposes:
- To send information about the Eyes of the world Foundation by email, mail, phone, and text even after our relations have terminated, unless you request otherwise.
- To ask for donations, quota increases, and other types of participation (campaigns, purchases, etc.).
- To invite you to events and activities organized by the Eyes of the world Foundation.
- To send tax certificates, if necessary.
- To ask for your collaboration or volunteer work for activities taking place at the headquarters of the Eyes of the world foundation or in the field.
- To conduct satisfaction surveys.
- To carry out a basic level of profiling so we can properly manage and execute the actions explained above. Additionally, we also use your data to send promotional information about activities, campaigns and initiatives of a similar nature to others in which you have previously participated. You can change this, now or at any time, by sending an email to email@example.com or by sending a request in the mail.
Why can we use your personal data?
We use your personal data to meet the agreements derived from the relationships that the Eyes of the world Foundation maintains with its partners, donors, volunteers and contacts. We inform you that your personal data is not used for any purpose other than what has been explained. Should this change, we would contact you to inform you and request your consent.
When and for what reason can we provide your information to third parties?
Your personal data can be shared with the recipients listed below, for the following reasons:
- Public administrations: for the fulfillment of the legal obligations to which Eyes of the world is subject for its activity.
- To certain third parties necessary to comply with the obligations derived from the campaigns, activities, and initiatives in which you voluntarily participate.
- To the administrations, entities or companies necessary to achieve the objective of the campaign, for all of which you have provided voluntary signatures. If you want to know the recipients of personal data associated with the campaign you signed, you can contact our data protection delegate.
- To the providers who need access to your personal data to carry out the services for which Eyes of the world has hired them, with whom Eyes of the world has signed confidentiality and personal data processing contracts to protect your privacy. If in the future Eyes of the world shares personal data for other means, we will inform you in a timely manner.
How long do we use your personal data?
We use your personal data while your relationship with Eyes of the world is in existence, and after this relationship has ended, as long as you do not tell us otherwise and during the applicable statutory limitation periods. If you wish otherwise, your data will only be used to prove compliance with our legal and contractual obligations. After these deadlines, your data will be deleted or, alternatively, anonymized.
What are your rights?
You can exercise the following rights:
- Access or rectification: to consult and/or request the modification of your personal data.
- Suppression: to request the elimination of your personal data.
- Opposition or limitation: to request that we do not use or we limit the use of your personal data.
- Portability: to request the transmission of your personal data to a third party.
You can mail your requests to the Foundation at: Tamarit, 144-146, entlo. 2a, 08015 Barcelona, or you can send them by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to process your request, it must be accompanied by a copy of your ID, or equivalent document, accrediting identity. The exercise of these rights is free, and if you feel they have not been adequately cared for, you have the right to file a claim with a controlling authority.
The use of your personal data is in accordance with the European data protection regulations, Regulation 2016/679 (EU) of the European Parliament and the Council of Europe of April 27, 2016.
Publications in Social Media
If you join pages or platforms that Eyes of the world has on different social networks, you can post comments, links, images, photographs or any other type of multimedia content. In all cases you must be the owner of the copyright and intellectual property rights or have the consent of the affected third parties. You cannot publish texts, graphics, photographs, videos, etc. that threaten or are likely attempts against morality and/or ethics, or that infringe the rights of intellectual or industrial property, the right to the image, or the law. In these cases, Eyes of the world reserves the right to immediately remove the content, and to block you permanently.
The Eyes of the world Private Foundation is not responsible for the content you freely publish. You must bear in mind that your publications will be viewed by other users, for which you are responsible for your privacy.
The images that you publish will not be saved on a private file by Eyes of the world, but they will be permanent on the social media network.
Eyes of the world Foundation reserves the right to hold competitions and promotions through social networks. The rules of each one of them will be published on the corresponding social network, always complying with the applicable regulations.
Social networks do not sponsor, endorse or manage any of our promotions, nor are they associated with any of them.
Eyes of the world uses social networks to stay in contact with you, and to inform you of and publicize our work. If we use your personal data to perform direct actions of prospective business, it will always be in compliance with the current legal requirements.
We do not consider advertising to recommend Eyes of the world’s social media pages to other users so that they can also enjoy the promotions or be informed of our activity.
Below are links to the privacy policies of all the social media platforms on which we have a presence: